- To put Christian principles into practice through programs that help build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
- Youth Development
Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- Healthy Living
Improving the nation’s health and well-being.
- Social Responsibility
Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
For general information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monty Warner, Chief Executive Officer
YMCA of Kanawha Valley Association Staff
- Kim Robertson, Finance Director
- LeeAnn Doyle, Business Manager
- Avon Cobourne, Business Development Director
- Anthony Lewis, Communications Director
- James Bryant, Facilities Director
- Erin Dydland, Charleston Branch Director
- Ann Abdul Jalil – Membership Director
- Chris Wade, Youth Sports Director
- Lyndsey Lewis – Head Personal Trainer/Interm Healthy Living Coordinator
- Collin Meadows, Aquatics Coordinator
- Mindy White, Tennis Director
- Bruce Perry, PEIA Weight Management Coordinator
- Cindy Hemsworth – Youth Development Director
Cross Lanes YMCA Youth Development Center
- Karleigh Fellure, Cross Lanes Branch Director
- Lacie Stover, Cross Lanes Assistant Branch Director
- Janet Reed, Childcare Services Coordinator
- Eudelia Ayala– Administrative Office Coordinator
- Ashley Garnes – Early Learning Coordinator
- Ashley Thompson– School Age Director
- Ginny Johnson – Pre-K Coordinator
- Faye Snyder – Kitchen Services
YMCA Montgomery WV
- Samantha Carney
- Ric Cavender – Vice Chair
- Hanley Clark
- Tricia Clark
- Mary Cook
- Shawn Cunningham
- Tim Dagostine
- Dewayne Dickens
- Chad DiCocco – Secretary
- Jody Driggs
- Danny Forinash
- Brad Foster
- Brandon Grigsby
- Brian Hicks
- Martha Hill – Chairman
- Diana Johnson
- Duke Jordan
- Jim Kirby
- Ed Kirk
- Scott Miller
- David Mills
- Patrick O’Malley
- Brian Parrott
- Laura Robertson
- Will Robinson – Treasurer
- Amber Walker
- Lisa White
- Julian Woods
The YMCA is a major non-profit employer in the Charleston area. We offer a friendly working environment and competitive pay. YMCA employment benefits include membership and program discounts. YMCA staff are committed to teach youth positive life skills, values, service, support and strengthen families, develop health in spirit, mind and quality experiences that are affordable and efficiently managed, encouraged by all members of our community and create an environment where everyone can be their best. The YMCA of Kanawha Valley is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Applicants must download our printable employment application (PDF) and submit it along with any resume and reference requirements.
Charleston Family YMCA Jobs
YMCA of Kanawha Valley – Charleston, WV
$8.75 – $9.25 per hour
The YMCA of Kanawha Valley is looking for Male and Female Janitorial workers at the Charleston Family YMCA location. Multiple positions available-Weekend and weekday shifts.
Must be able to pass drug test and background check
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Clean laboratory equipment, such as glassware and metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags, and power cleaning equipment.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Mow and trim lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and power trimmers, and clear debris from grounds.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, and ladders, to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
Summer Camp Coordinator
Under the guidance of the Youth Development Director/Branch Director the Summer Camp Coordinator oversees the day to day operation of Camp Coonskin Unplugged. He or She is responsible for supervising and providing a quality program while following policy, procedures, risk management, parent concerns, program scheduling, and assistance with participant account management. The Coordinator will assist in the hiring of part time staff members. ALL candidates must be 21 years of age.
Camp Coonskin Unplugged is a 6 week camp operating 7am-9am early drop off, camp 9-4, after care 4-6 Monday to Friday. Each day will include organized activities geared towards Nature/Science.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Location: Coonskin Park, Charleston, WV.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Recreation, or Sports Management. Must be certified in CPR/First Aid & have a valid Driver’s License.
After school Counselor/Van Driver
Association: YMCA of KV
Branch: Charleston Family YMCA
Department: Youth Development
General Function: Under the guidance of the Youth Development Director the Afterschool Counselor will help with the following programs 1) After School 2) Full Day Out 3) Summer Camp Program
Pay: $9.00 per hour
Requirements: This position requires an interest in working with youth, particularly school age children from various socio-economic backgrounds. This person must have an interest in character education and student development. This person much be a positive roll model for the youth. This position requires driving a 14 passenger bus. To drive the bus an individual must be at least 21 years old and possess a valid license with a clean driving record. This position requires a current CPR/First Aid Certification, pass background check, and a negative reaction to a TB test.
General Function – With the direction of the CEO and Property Manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for general maintenance and cleanliness of the facility and grounds.
The Maintenace Technician must have skills in janitorial, carpentry, plumbing, painting, electric, and HVAC in order to perform all-purpose maintenance. This person must be able to work well with others and solve problems. The personality, attitude, and conduct must be of high standards that reflect professionalism. Would prefer certifications in electrical, plumbing, and HVAC. Qualified candidates must be able to pass a drug and background check.
Email resumes to Maintenance@YMCAofKV.org
Marketing & Social Media Internship
The Y is looking for a cause-driven leader with a passion to serve others, better the community and make a positive impact. If you feel compelled to give back and support others, consider joining our Marketing & Communication team! Responsibilities include assisting 3 YMCA facilities in communicating important events and information to members via a weekly eNewsletter, updating content on the Y’s website, creating posters and flyers using Microsoft Publisher and assisting Y Directors with their marketing needs. Managing the social media pages and developing additional pages on some of the newest platforms. This is an unpaid internship with flexible working hours, potentially working some weekend events. Start date will vary based on semester and can be a part-time or full-time internship that can be a semester or full year in length. If interested please email resume and hour availability to Anthony Lewis email@example.com. Must be able to pass background and drug test.
Swim Instructor / Lifeguard
The Charleston Family YMCA is seeking an experienced Swim Instructor/Lifeguard. Certifications and experience preferred.
Please submit resumes or application to: Charleston Family YMCA, Attention: Collin Meadows 100 YMCA Drive, Charleston, WV 25311 or email to CMeadows@ymcaofkv.org
Please forward resumes to:
Valid Driver’s License Required if Applicable
Clean Driving Record if Applicable
Able To Pass Drug Test
The YMCA of Kanawha Valley is an
Equal Opportunity Employer
- How much does it cost to be a member?
See details on our Join the Y page.
- Do you offer discounted pricing based on income?
Those who qualify for our Community Assistance Program receive discounts on membership and programs.
- What activities do you have for children?
See our Youth Sports and Youth & Family pages for full details.
- Do you offer child care?
Creative Care is available at the Charleston Family YMCA location.
- What are your hours?
Our Contact page has all details regarding our hours of operation.
Token for Towel Program
* The YMCA is pleased to institute the new program and system which allows us to continue our long tradition of towel service for YMCA Members.
* The system is simple and straightforward while providing an improved level of service and an enhanced Member experience.
* The program sports multiple efficiencies which contribute to keeping operational costs down.
- Beginning Wednesday, February 21, 2018, a YMCA Member may enter the facility and ask for a bath towel.
- The YMCA attendant will register the initial issuance of one free towel token on the member’s computer record at the Front Desk.
- The member will then exchange their newly issued token for a distinctive, blue-striped, YMCA bath towel.
- When members return the distinctive towels back to the front desk attendant, they will be handed tokens which should be kept readily accessible so they can be exchanged during future visits for fresh towels.
- If a token is lost, another can be purchased from the front desk for $5.00
- If Members want additional towels to use when visiting the YMCA, they can purchase more tokens at $5 apiece, each token representing one towel.
Thanks for doing your part with this system so we can keep our operational costs down, thereby maintaining reasonable membership rates for all.