The YMCA is a nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening the community. With a focus on developing the potential of kids, improving individual health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your participation will bring about meaningful change not just within yourself, but in your community, too.
When you join the Y, you join a community organization that offers health, hope and opportunity:
- Parents find a safe, nurturing environment for their children to stay active, be engaged and learn positive values.
- Families come together to have fun and spend quality time with each other.
- Children and teens play, develop self-confidence and know they are accepted.
- Adults connect with friends, pursue interests and learn how to live healthier.
- People from all backgrounds and walks of life come together to volunteer and help our community become stronger.
- We all build relationships that further our sense of belonging and purpose.
Benefits for joining the Y:
- FREE water exercise
- FREE spinning classes
- FREE Pilates& yoga classes
- FREE group fitness classes
- FREE orientation and instruction classes
- FREE access to Coonskin Pool (Summer)
- Kid’s Night Out
- Childcare of parents on site
- Holistic Training (monthly)
- Swim& Movie night for family
- Date Night
- Parents Night Out
Access to the following rooms & areas when not in use for classes, competitions or team practices:
- 5 indoor tennis courts
- 3 basketball courts
- 3 volleyball courts
- 2 pickleball courts (East Gym)
- 3 racquetball courts
- outdoor soccer field
- softball field
- multi-purpose room
- fully-equipped fitness room
- 25 yard swimming pool
- large whirlpool
- steam room (wet sauna)
- sauna (dry heat)
- outdoor kids gym
… and much more
|Membership||Monthly Draft||Joiner’s Fee||Prepaid Annually|
(Two adults and two children)
If you join and prepay for your annual membership your joiner’s fees will be waived!
The Community Assistance Program, also referred to as our Scholarships, offers a sliding fee schedule designed to fit each individual’s financial situation. For example, a family of four with a household income of $60,000 or less can receive some type of support.
The YMCA is comprised of people of all ages and from every walk of life, all working side-by-side to ensure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to live life to its fullest. Values are placed on caring, honesty, respect and social responsibility and the entire organization stems from this. This platform helps to develop stronger, more integrated communities, providing support for people and families and that promote positive changes overall.
Last year, the YMCA of Kanawha Valley Community Assistance Program provided over $250,000 for access to child care, programs and activities for children and adults.
How to apply?
- Download the Community Assistance Program Application (PDF)
- Complete the form, and attach a copy of the required financial documents
- Return the application and required documents to YMCA
For more information, contact email firstname.lastname@example.org
Childcare parents must provide a denial letter from CONNECT or LINK before consideration will be given for reduced childcare rates.