YMCA of Kanawha Valley offers various options that improve the health and well-being of community members. Our health and fitness centers offer modern equipment, along with a clean and safe workout environment. We have numerous group fitness classes and offer several forms of personal training, led by certified experts.
Charleston Family YMCA
From beginners to competitive athletics our nationally certified trainers can help you reach your fitness goals. Whatever your situation or goals, our YMCA trainers can help you accomplish them.
CLICK HERE to sign up and pay for personal training.
Lyndsey Daye Lewis (ISSA)
Fely Castillo (NASM)
Greg Falbo (ACE)
Tom Blankenship (WITS)
Josh Hill (WITS)
Camille Arteneaux (ACE) – Downtown YMCA
PEIA WEIGHT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
YMCA of the Kanawha Valley offers PEIA Weight Management Program at its Charleston Family YMCA location. For $20 a month you get an exercise physiologist, a personal trainer, and a registered dietitian. In addition, you have access to the facility, which includes racquetball courts, two gymnasiums, fitness classes, pool, sauna, hot tub, and a fully equipped fitness center. There is no better time than now and no excuses to keep you from coming.
For more information on the PEIA Weight Management Program please contact coordinator Bruce Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health and Fitness Area Rules
- Absolutely no one under the age of 13yr old is permitted to use any equipment in the Health and Fitness area. Any one 13-15yr old must have a YMCA wristband. They’re not allowed to sit and watch. They must be in another area in the building.
- All Personal Trainers must be hired through the YMCA of Kanawha Valley
- Appropriate athletic attire must be worn at all times. This consists of closed-toed and closed-heeled, non-marking, rubber-soled athletic-type shoes, athletic pants, shorts, t-shirt, sweatshirt tank top. Patrons are not allowed to exercise in sports bras. Clothing with offensive or profane language, designs, or pictures is not acceptable.
- Patrons should use extreme caution in lifting weights to avoid any potential injuries to themselves or others. Please ask for spotter assistance if needed.
- All dumbbells and weights must be returned to the appropriate storage area after use.
- No food is permitted in the Health and Fitness center
- All patrons must wipe down the equipment with a towel after use. Please be considerate to other patrons.
- Personal belongings must be kept in the designated area. The staff is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Small kit lockers are available in the lobby for FREE. Please visit the Member Service desk for assistance.
- Do not attempt to use equipment if you are unfamiliar with the proper use. Please seek assistance from the Health and Fitness Specialist.
- When using cardiovascular or strength training equipment, please be aware and considerate of other patrons who may be waiting to use this equipment.
- YMCA decisions pertaining to appropriate attire are final.
Y members are able to reserve a bike for a full session for only $5! Non-members are able to participate by buying a day pass or registering for the full session for $70.
CLICK HERE for Spin information.