This July, an amazing program will take place involving one hundred fortunate young teenagers in the Kanawha Valley. A consortium of regional organizations is making possible a free, four-week, health program emphasizing academics, teamwork, recreation, and leadership.
- Ages: 13-16 years old.
- Hoover High School region (Elk River Valley)
- Riverside & Valley High School regions (Upper Kanawha Valley)
Contact Andrea @ 304-935-2635 or Mandi @ 304-340-3527 Ext 1122
Consortium of Organizations:
- Cabin Creek Health Systems
- Kanawha County Schools
- WVU Extension Service
- Bridge Valley Community and Technical College
- YMCA of Kanawha Valley
- Kanawha County Parks and Recreation
- WVU School of Public Health
- Participants will be picked up by Kanawha County School (KCS) buses at designated assembly points between 8:45—9:45am.
- Morning hours will be spent in academically-oriented activities coordinated by 4-H, WVU, and Bridge Valley Community College.
- A meal prepared by KCS will be provided at lunchtime.
- Afternoon hours will be spent in recreational team-building activities (sports, games, swimming) coordinated by the YMCA.
- A snack meal prepared by KCS will be provided at 3:00pm
- KCS buses will transport participants back to the designated assembly points and drop them off between 3:15—4:15pm.
- Get Application Packets turned-in by June 15th
- For additional information, e-mail email@example.com, fill in the Subject Line: SHI Application