- To put Christian principles into practice through programs that help build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
- Youth Development
Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- Healthy Living
Improving the nation’s health and well-being.
- Social Responsibility
Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
All members and guests must adhere to the Code of Conduct.
Absolutely no one under the age of 13 years old is permitted to use any equipment in the Health and Fitness area. Anyone 13-15 must have a YMCA wristband. Youth are not allowed to sit and watch. They must be in another area.
All personal trainers must be hired though the YMCA of Kanawha Valley.
Appropriate athletic wear must be worn at all times. This consists of closed-toed and closed heeled, non-marking, rubber-soled athletic shoes, athletic pants, shorts, t-shirts, sweatshirt tank tops. All patrons must wear a shirt at all times. Clothing with offensive or profane language, designs, or pictures is not acceptable.
No food is permitted in the Heath and Fitness Center.
Patrons should use extreme caution in lifting weights to avoid any potential injuries to themselves or others. Please ask for a spotter assistance if needed.
All dumbbells and weights must be returned to the appropriate storage area after use.
All patrons must wipe down the equipment with a towel after use. Please be considerate of other patrons.
Personal belongings must be kept in designated area. The staff is not responsible for lost
or stolen items. Small day use lockers are available in Health and Fitness for free.
Please bring your own lock.
Do not attempt to use equipment if you are unfamiliar with proper use. Please seek
assistance from a Health and Fitness Specialist.
When using cardiovascular or strength training equipment, please be aware and
considerate of other patrons who may be waiting to use the equipment.
YMCA decisions pertaining to appropriate attire are final.
For general information please email email@example.com
- Monty Warner, Chief Executive Officer
YMCA of Kanawha Valley Association Staff
- Kim Robertson, Chief of Staff
- Erin Dydland, Chief Operating Officer
- LeeAnn Doyle, HR/Payroll
- Anthony Lewis, Communications Director
- Tony Mariani, Chief Financial Officer
- Derek Stutler, Facilities Director
- Erma Morton, Clerical
Charleston Family YMCA Staff – 304-340-3528
- Mindy White, Charleston Branch Director
- Anne Abdul Jalil – Assistant Branch Director
- Chris Wade, Youth/Adult Sports Director
- Niki Riley – Head Swim Team Coach
- Lyndsey Lewis – Head Personal Trainer
- Morgan Neeley – Aquatics Director
- Bruce Perry, PEIA Weight Management Coordinator
- Cindy Hemsworth – Youth Development Director
- Derek Stutler – Facilities Director
Downtown Charleston YMCA Staff – 681-265-5004
Cross Lanes YMCA Youth Development Center – 304-776-3323
- Karleigh Fellure, Cross Lanes Branch Director
- Lacie Stover, Cross Lanes Assistant Branch Director
- Janet Reed, Childcare Services Coordinator
- Ashley Garnes – Early Learning Coordinator
- Ginny Johnson – Pre-K Coordinator
- Faye Snyder – Kitchen Services
YMCA Montgomery WV – 304-981-2515
- Teauna Bennett
- Matt Bonar
- Samantha Carney
- Kelly Castleberry
- Anne Cavalier
- Ric Cavender – Vice Chair
- Hanley Clark
- Tricia Clark
- Mary Cook
- Shawn Cunningham
- Tim Dagostine
- Dewayne Dickens
- Tim DePiero
- Danny Forinash
- Tom Griesbaum
- Brandon Grigsby
- Martha Hill – Chairman
- Jim Kirby
- Ed Kirk
- Tommy McMcarty
- Rebecca McPhail
- Scott Miller
- David Mills
- Walter Moore
- Laura Robertson
- Will Robinson – Treasurer
- Amber Walker
- Lisa White
- Julian Woods
The YMCA is a major non-profit employer in the Charleston area. We offer a friendly working environment and competitive pay. YMCA employment benefits include membership and program discounts. YMCA staff are committed to teach youth positive life skills, values, service, support and strengthen families, develop health in spirit, mind and quality experiences that are affordable and efficiently managed, encouraged by all members of our community and create an environment where everyone can be their best. The YMCA of Kanawha Valley is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Applicants must download our printable employment application (PDF) and submit it along with any resume and reference requirements.
- How much does it cost to be a member?
See details on our Join the Y page.
- Do you offer discounted pricing based on income?
Those who qualify for our Community Assistance Program receive discounts on membership and programs.
- What activities do you have for children?
See our Youth Sports and Youth & Family pages for full details.
- Do you offer child care?
Creative Care is available at the Charleston Family YMCA location.
- What are your hours?
Our Contact page has all details regarding our hours of operation.
Token for Towel Program
* The YMCA is pleased to institute the new program and system which allows us to continue our long tradition of towel service for YMCA Members.
* The system is simple and straightforward while providing an improved level of service and an enhanced Member experience.
* The program sports multiple efficiencies which contribute to keeping operational costs down.
- Beginning Wednesday, February 21, 2018, a YMCA Member may enter the facility and ask for a bath towel.
- The YMCA attendant will register the initial issuance of one free towel token on the member’s computer record at the Front Desk.
- The member will then exchange their newly issued token for a distinctive, blue-striped, YMCA bath towel.
- When members return the distinctive towels back to the front desk attendant, they will be handed tokens which should be kept readily accessible so they can be exchanged during future visits for fresh towels.
- If a token is lost, another can be purchased from the front desk for $5.00
- If Members want additional towels to use when visiting the YMCA, they can purchase more tokens at $5 apiece, each token representing one towel.
Thanks for doing your part with this system so we can keep our operational costs down, thereby maintaining reasonable membership rates for all.